Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Chapter 13

Jun Su oppa and Sierra onni rushed down to the hospital with me as soon as I got the call. What happened? I can’t bear to imagine what had happened to Yoo Chun. As soon as Jun Su oppa stopped the car in front of the hospital’s main doors, I hopped out and ran in as fast as I could towards the registration counter.

“I received a call,” I said breathlessly, “about my husband, Park Yoo Chun.”

“Hold on,” the receptionist said as she clicked around on her computer. “He’s still in the ER area,” she told me.

“ER? Is his injury serious?” I asked her.

“I wouldn’t know. You can go see for yourself. It’s down this corridor, on your left,” she pointed.

“Kamsahamnida,” I said as I ran in the direction she pointed.

As I entered the ER and I felt intimidated by the atmosphere there. Doctors and nurses were bustling around and there were a few sick or injured people waiting to be treated. Where was Yoo Chun?

“Dae In,” I heard him call my name and I turned around. There he was, sitting on a bench with a neck brace on.

“Yoo Chun,” I ran to him and hugged him tightly as he stood up.

“Calm down or you’re going to break my neck,” he smiled as I looked up at him. He pushed my hair back and his hand rested at the nape of my neck.

“What happened?” I asked him.

“Some fool crashed into the back of my car. Thankfully, all I got was a little sprain on my neck.”

“And the other driver?”

“No injuries.”

“I came here expecting you to have an arm broken or something like that,” I said.

“You want that to happen to me?” he asked.

“No… I meant that I’d expected the worse. Thank god you’re fine.”

“Let’s go,” he said as he put his arm around me and steered me out of the ER. “This place is depressing.”

As we walked out, we met up with Jun Su oppa and Sierra onni.

“You’re fine,” Jun Su oppa exclaimed.

“Of course I am,” Yoo Chun smirked.

“Then why did you have to call us?” Jun Su oppa asked.

“My car was towed away,” he explained.

“You could’ve taken a taxi,” Jun Su oppa said.

“Fine, I wanted my wife to come and comfort me. You got a problem with that?” Yoo Chun half-shouted.

“No,” Jun Su oppa laughed. “No problem with that.”

I was feeling happy as we walked out together, the four of us. He actually needed me. How much longer do I need before his heart belonged to me?

[Sierra’s POV]

We walked out of the hospital after meeting up with Yoo Chun and Dae In. Thank god it was a minor injury. I don’t know how Dae In would take it if it had been serious. I smiled to myself. Yoo Chun finally admitted that he needed Dae In. I was so happy for the both of them.

As we reached the car, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I stopped and gasped at the impact of it.

“Sierra,” Jun Su grabbed me as I looked like as if I was about to fall over.

“I felt a pain,” I said, with my hand still pressing over my chest.

“Pain? Let’s go back in and check it out,” he said.

“No, I’ll be fine.” I said. I didn’t like hospitals, and I wasn’t about to subject myself to an examination willingly.

“Onni, come on. Let’s go back in and have the pain checked out,” Dae In urged me.

“You’re getting married soon. You have to be in good health,” Yoo Chun reminded me.

“I’ll be fine,” I said stubbornly as I got into the car.

Jun Su sighed. He knew he couldn’t make me, so he gave in and we drove Yoo Chun and Dae In back home in silence.

No comments: