Saturday, January 20, 2007

Chapter 12

Our first kiss… it was everything I’d wanted it to be; sweet, melting and passionate. As he continued to kiss me, his hands stroked my arm while the other, he placed around my neck, sort of supporting my head. I became emboldened by my passion, and I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him down closer against me. He stopped for a moment and looked at me questioningly. He must have been surprised. Did he think I would always be sweet and innocent? I pulled him down and kissed him hard, and from then on, we didn’t stop.

I sighed with pleasure as he kissed and nuzzled my neck. My legs were now wrapped around his waist, and he seemed to be really enjoying this.

“Dae In,” he breathed against my neck.

“Hmm?” I murmured.

“I think I’m starting to like you,” he said, as he looked up at me.

I looked into his eyes and I really didn’t know if I should be happy or sad. He liked me. He just started to like me. What about my feelings? I liked him from the moment I met him. And now, I think I’m starting to love him. This honeymoon had opened my eyes to a new part of Yoo Chun I’d not seen. I think I love him already. I reached out my hand and stroked his cheek.

“Same here,” I replied.

For now, I won’t tell him how I really feel. Maybe later…

“Dae In,” I heard someone call my name, and I was jolted out of my reverie.

“Huh?” I said as I turned to look.

“Dae In,” onni repeated. “How do I look?” she asked me. I took in her entire outfit. She looked beautiful. I guess happiness does matter when you’re getting married. You tend to look extra radiant when you are happy.

“Gorgeous,” I smiled.

“Be serious, Dae In,” onni said. “I’m getting married in 2 weeks. There’s no time to make a new one if we don’t decide now.”

“You look fine!” I insisted.

“Are you sure?” she asked me, and I was close to exasperation. Onni was usually the decisive one. This wedding was turning her into a nervous wreck.

“She’s right,” Jun Su oppa said as he walked in. “You look beautiful.”

“Thank you, oppa,” I smiled. “You see what you’ve done to my onni? This whole wedding is turning her into a bundle of nerves. Can’t you guys just go get registered and be done with it? You don’t need a wedding banquet and all that,” I laughed.

“My mother would kill me,” Jun Su oppa laughed.

“And I do not want to be the cause of his death,” onni smiled as she walked over and put her arms around Jun Su oppa’s waist.

“You guys…” I laughed. “Enough PDA. I’m feeling left out.”

After the fittings, we went for coffee at a nearby café and discussed their honeymoon.

“I wanna go to Bora Bora,” Sierra onni said.

“What about tsunamis?” Jun Su oppa asked.

“What about them?” onni said.

“Aren’t you afraid another will strike?”

“If we’re that lucky, I wouldn’t be marrying you now,” Sierra onni joked and Jun Su oppa pretended to look aghast.

“Why not Hawaii?” I suggested.

“Ah… Hawaii sounds fun,” Jun Su oppa said.

“What about volcanoes?” Sierra onni piped in.

“Volcanoes?” Jun Su oppa said.

“If we’re that lucky to get hit by a tsunami at Bora Bora, we must be lucky enough to have a volcano erupt while we’re at Hawaii,” onni said with a serious expression.

I laughed as Jun Su oppa glared at onni. They were a hilarious pair. Their playful bickering and loving gestures; I can’t help but envy their relationship. Yoo Chun and I were always quiet and polite around each other. We didn’t joke much, and we definitely didn’t bicker. It could be the fact onni’s older than Jun Su oppa and Jun Su oppa being playful, will never take onni’s insults and comments lying down.

We were interrupted by my mobile phone. It was a number I did not recognize.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered.

“Are you the wife of Park Yoo Chun-shi?” a lady asked.

“Nae. Who am I speaking to?” I asked.

“This is the Seoul General Hospital. Your husband has been involved in a car accident. Can you please come down to the hospital?”

No comments: