Monday, January 1, 2007

Chapter 1

“Kajima…” he said as he grabbed my arm.

“Let go of me,” I spat at him. I never wanted to see him again.

“Sierra, it’s all a misunderstanding,” he pleaded as he clung to me.

“I saw the both of you kissing,” I yelled at him.

“She kissed me,” he said. “I tried to push her away.”

“Right… you’re a guy, you’re hardly considered scrawny and she wasn’t the size of a whale, tell me, am I missing something?"

"It's not what you thought it was," he started.

"Yah!!! Kim Jun Su!!!" I cut him off. "Don’t think I’m some airhead.”

I could slap him right now. I wanted to kill him right now. After 3 months together, he decided to cheat on me. I remember the day we met, we were at HMV and we’d both wanted the last Stevie Wonder CD they had. But he’d grabbed it first.

“Excuse me,” I said as I tapped him on the arm. “Do you think you can let me have the CD?”

“Hmm? What?” he exclaimed in a confused tone. “You want this?”

“Yes, it’s meant to be a present for my dad.”

“But I’ve been searching for this for months,” he said.

“So have I, and my dad has been waiting for it for years,” I reasoned.

“Fine, but I have a condition,” he smiled cheekily.

“What is it?”

“You’ll have to date me if I give this to you?” he winked.

“Wh-what??” I said, taken aback. He sure moved fast.

“Date me,” he grinned. “That way, whenever I want to listen to this CD, I can come to your place to listen to it.”

“Erm… you’re crazy, you know,” I laughed nervously. He was cute and very good looking. He had short, spiky hair, toned arms and body, which I could see since he wore a fitting sleeveless shirt, and he was pretty tall.

“Come on,” he said. “The moment I’ve paid for this CD, I’m not going to even consider selling it to you. You have 1 minute to say yes, or you can say goodbye to Stevie Wonder forever!”

I stared at him. Was he for real? I was truly speechless. What kind of a guy would ask a girl out using such tactics? He was definitely a player. Then again, I haven’t dated in the longest time. It wouldn’t do me any harm to go on just one date with him. I wouldn’t owe him anything after that one date.

“Fine…” I mumbled.

“What?” he smiled and put his hand to his ear. “I can’t hear you.”

“Fine!” I almost shouted. “Stop teasing me.”

“Araso…” he laughed. He had a husky voice. Some would even say it was girly, but I found it rather sexy. I laughed with him, his laughter was infectious.

I stand here now, glaring at him. The person who’d made me laugh for 3 months, only to hurt me in a split second. I turned to leave; I had nothing more to say. He grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me to him and kissed me. The moment his lips touched mine, I was weakened. He always did this to me. He knew he had a power over me. I didn’t push him away. I didn’t move away. I couldn’t even bring myself to hit him. I just stood there, and allowed him to kiss me, to take control of me. As we kissed, tears ran down my cheeks. Will I ever be able to trust him again?

No comments: