Monday, January 1, 2007

Chapter 2

Jun Su pulled away suddenly. He licked his lips quickly, tasting my tears.

“Sierra… uljima,” he said as his thumb came to wipe my tears away. He put his hands behind my head and pulled me into his embrace. I started sobbing uncontrollably. “Sierra, mianhae,” he sighed.

“I don’t want an apology,” I cried against his shoulder. “I want the truth.”

“I was telling the truth,” he said as he pulled away to look me. “She meant nothing to me.”

“She meant nothing to you as in she was just a fling? Or she meant nothing to you as in you really had no idea what she wanted with you?” I asked, sniffing.

“The 2nd one,” he said, quietly.

“Look at me, Jun Su,” I said. “Look into my eyes,” I said. He looked up at me, straight at me.

“Saranghae,” he said, as his eyes looked at me meaningfully.

“I love you too,” I sighed and we hugged.

Sometime later, I’d left Jun Su’s work place. I was actually there to meet him for lunch when I caught him with that girl. I think her name’s Ri In. I bumped into Yoo Chun, Jun Su’s colleague, on my way out.

“Oh! Nuna!” Yoo Chun called out to me when he saw me.

Just in case anyone is interested, yes, I’m older than Jun Su. He found out I was older on our 3rd date.

“What? You’re like… 3 years older than I am,” he exclaimed.

“Sure… say it out loud. You were the one who forced me to date you in the first place. Now you regret because I’m old?”

“Aniyo,” he smiled. “Why would I regret? It’s cool to date an older girl these days. Won’t want to miss out on the trend,” he laughed.

“Yah!!!” I smacked him. “Am I some kinda trophy girlfriend to you? Just so you can keep up with the dating trend? I knew you were a player…”

“Of course not,” he said, rubbing his arm. “I prefer mature girls,” he said. “But I’m definitely not getting the vibe that you’re older, or even more mature than I am,” he added.

“Yah!” I yelled and I smacked him. He laughed and took my hands. He turned my palms up and studied the lines on them. “What are you looking at?” I asked him.

“Your fate,” he said as he ran hi thumb across my life line.

“And what’s my destiny?” I smiled.

“I am,” he said.

“Nuna,” Yoo Chun called again, and I was awakened from my reverie. “Did you hear what I just said?”

“Mian…” I said, sheepishly. “I blanked out for a moment there.”

“Have you been crying?” Yoo Chun asked as he peered at my face.

“Crying?” I said and my hands automatically came up to touch my puffy eyes.

“Your eyes look swollen. Has Jun Su been bullying you?” he asked in a concerned tone.

“No… I just need some sleep,” I smiled.

“Come on, nuna. You can tell me. If Jun Su bullied you, I’d beat the hell out of him.”

“He didn’t. Don’t worry about me, Yoo Chun.”

“If you say so,” he sighed.

“Don’t you need to get back to work?” I asked him. He looked at his watch, then looked back at me.

“Yea, I’d better go.”

“See you around,” I smiled.

“See ya,” he grinned at me.

Yoo Chun was a nice guy. It was just too bad that he had a lot of vices. He smoked, he drank and he had a very active social life. Sometimes it’s hard to understand why he bothers to spend the time to talk to me when there are so many girls starving for his attention. It’s probably because I was dating Jun Su. I shook my head and laughed to myself as I walked out of the building.

No comments: