Monday, January 1, 2007

Chapter 6

“Mian,” I said as I ran up to Jun Su. He’d been waiting for me at the entrance of the subway station for about 30 minutes.

“Where were you?” he pouted.

“My boss held me back, the old devil,” I grumbled as we walked towards the restaurant we were having dinner at.

“That bad, huh?” he said and he put his arm around me as we weaved through the rush hour crowd.

“I long for the day when I don’t need to work anymore. I’ll stay home and pig out, watch television and maybe pop out a kid or two,” I laughed.

“You’re sure you want that kind of life? To sit at home all day and wait for your husband to come home?”

“Hmm… What other kind of life could I have?” I smiled.

“Then you’re my kinda girl,” he smiled as he gave me a kiss on my cheek.

After our quick dinner, we went to a nearby jazz bar to meet up with Yoo Chun.

“Jun Su, over here,” Yoo Chun waved as we walked in.

We sat down at the booth Yoo Chun had booked for us and I realized that the girl sitting beside Yoo Chun was not Dae In.

“Where’s Dae In?” I asked him sternly.

“Dae In? She’s probably at home,” he said dismissively.

“Who is she?” I asked him as I pointed at the girl.

“Annyong!” she said brightly. “I’m Ji Min.”

“Ji Min, do you know that Yoo Chun is engaged?” I asked her.

“Sierra, hajima…” Jun Su whispered.

“Engaged? Yoo Chun, you’re engaged?” she asked him angrily.

“Yea… so?” he said without blinking an eye.

“I’m leaving,” she said and she picked up her purse and left the table.

“You happy now?” Yoo Chun asked me.

“How can you do this to Dae In?”

“I have no ties or whatsoever with Han Dae In other than the fact that I will be marrying her in month’s time. Even after that, I will do as I please. She can have boyfriends after we’re married and I won’t even care.”

“How can you be so heartless?” I yelled at him as I stood up. “She respects you and cares for you even though she is not marrying you out of love.”

“Sierra, calm down,” Jun Su put his arm around me and pulled me down. “Yoo Chun, you shouldn’t have done that.”

“Hah… Kim Jun Su, you’re as much of a player as I am. You’re in no position to judge my morals.”

“That’s not fair, Yoo Chun. You know I’ve changed since I met Sierra.”

“That’s because you love her. I don’t love Dae In. She has no power to change me.”

“I can’t take this anymore,” I said and I left. Jun Su caught up with me as I walked out through the door.

“Sierra,” he called.

“Have you really changed?” I asked him.

“You know I have,” he said.

“I don’t want us to end up like Yoo Chun and Dae In; resentful and bitter.”

“I do love you, Sierra. I’d marry you if it weren’t for the fact that we’ve only dated for a little more than 3 months.”

“Michoso,” I laughed and nudged his head.

“Keurae… na michoso,” he smiled. Whenever Jun Su smiled, he always made me feel all gooey inside. He was adorable, yet manly, and it was a lethal combination.

“What are we going to do about the both of them?” I sighed.

“It’s really none of our business,” he said.

“But they’re our friends! How can you say it’s none of our business.”

“I really feel that they’d get over it someday and everything will be alright.”

“I just can’t imagine how heartbroken Dae In will be every time Yoo Chun goes out with a different woman.”

“I’ll try to talk to him. It might not work, since he’ll be accusing me of being the pot calling the kettle black.”

“Just try… I don’t know how else we can talk some sense into him.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T_T ~!! *cries* .. you have spoiled.. *cries !!!*
ur so mean unni

having all those guys =.= sigh..