Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Chapter 21

“Yoo Chun…” I called as I walked into our bedroom, that night. I’d been in the garden when he returned from work and wasn’t able to greet him at the door.

“Nae?” he replied as he walked out of our bathroom, shirtless.

Many would think that Yoo Chun was scrawny just because he looked slim under his shirt and jacket; he was actually nicely toned and had muscles in all the right places.

“Sit down,” I said as I motioned him to sit on the settee opposite me in the little living area in our room.

“What’s up?” he said, and he came to sit beside me instead.

“I went to the doctor today,” I started.

“Are you okay?”

“I’m better than okay,” I said. “I’m pregnant.”

Yoo Chun stared at me for almost a minute. During that minute, my heart was thumping like crazy. I couldn’t guess what his reaction would be, because we’d never discussed children. I could only hope that he wouldn’t hate the idea of having children with me. After all, he did have a part in creating this baby.

“Yoo Chun…” I said softly. “Say something.”

He coughed, correction, he sputtered, and it was like he suddenly came to life from being the stone statue he was for the last minute.

“Chintcha?” he said as his hands came to grab my shoulders. I nodded. “Chintcha?!” he repeated; this time more excitedly.

“Chintcha,” I replied. He was starting to scare me now.

“My god, Dae In!” he exclaimed, and he hugged me.

I breathed a sigh of relief when he hugged me. So he wasn’t upset.

“You’re okay with this?” I asked him.

“Dae In! I’m about to be a father. How can I not be okay?” he grinned.

This was the first time I’ve seen Yoo Chun so happy. Before our wedding day, I would never have guessed that he would be happy to have children with me. In fact, I’d even thought that he’d despise the fact that I would be the mother of his children.

“How far along are we?” he asked. ‘We’, he used ‘we’. He has never used ‘we’ to describe us. It had always been me or you.

“3 weeks,” I replied.

“This is wonderful!” he exclaimed, and he kissed me.

I lay on his naked chest after we’d pulled away from our mad, passionate kissing. I think I’ve found my heaven for I can truly say I’m happily married now.

“Have you told our parents?” he asked me, and I shook my head.

“I was going to wait until dinner time,” I said. “I’ve invited my parents to dinner.”

“Great,” he said. “Go shower, they’ll be here any minute.”

“Weren’t you about to shower?” I asked him.

“I’ll shower after you. You go first. It’s not good for your health if you shower late at night. You need to pay extra attention to your health now that you’re pregnant.”

“Okay,” I smiled. This was another new side of Yoo Chun I’ve not seen. Who would’ve known the playboy Park Yoo Chun would be a caring husband and soon-to-be father.

I walked out 15 minutes later to tell Yoo Chun the bathroom was free, and I found him napping on the couch. I watched him as he slept; he looked so peaceful and innocent. I hope that our son will look exactly like him.

[Sierra’s POV]

We were at the Dr. Song’s again, for my follow-up. Jun Su and I watched anxiously as the Dr. Song scanned through my report, his face not giving away anything.

“How is she?” Jun Su asked anxiously.

“She’s stable, but there are no signs of improvement,” he said.

“What does that mean?” Jun Su asked him.

“She’ll need to keep resting and continue the medication.”

“What else doctor?” I asked. “I know you have more to add.”

“You can’t have children,” he said.

“What?” Jun Su exclaimed, and we both sat with our mouth agape, staring at Dr. Song.

No comments: