Friday, February 2, 2007

Chapter 16

I looked out of the small plane as we flew over the islands in the French Polynesia.

“Which one is Bora Bora?” I asked Jun Su.

“Not yet,” he laughed. “You’re acting like a child. Sit back. Behave,” he teased me.

“You can’t blame me,” I pouted. “I’ve hardly been abroad. I’m not as rich as you are.”

“There you go again,” he laughed. “You can’t fault me for having money. At least you get to enjoy my money now,” he added.

“I don’t need your money,” I said as I stuck out my tongue.

“Then get off the plane now,” he shouted in mock anger.

“Shiro!” I shouted at him. The pilot actually turned around to see what we were shouting about, and we started giggling when we saw his puzzled expression.

“He must think that we’re really fighting or something,” Jun Su said, as he tried to control his laughter.

“You’re an embarrassment,” I laughed.

“Come here,” he said and he pulled me into his arms for a hug.

“Jun Su-yah.”

“Yes, Mrs. Kim?”

“During the first few months we were together, did you expect us to last this long?”

“I had my doubts. But I knew that I wanted to marry you,” he said.

“You mean that you doubted me?” I asked him.

“Yea…”

“Why?”

“You didn’t look like you wanted to marry me,” he said.

“True… back then, I was still trying to figure out how much of a player you still were.”

“So did I prove you wrong?” he asked.

“You’d better, now that I’ve married you. If you dare cheat on me, I’ll make sure you pay for it.”

“Damn… we should’ve signed a prenuptial agreement,” he pretended to groan.

“Too late,” I smiled.

“I’m stuck with you for life,” he wailed, “until you get old, saggy and wrinkly.”

“Saggy?” I glared at him as I sat up straight.

“Oops,” he said and he covered his mouth with his hands. “That one just slipped out.”

“And you think there are no parts of your body that are gonna sag?” I asked him.

“Yes, yes… I’ll sag too. I promise to go to the plastic surgeon with you when that happens to the both of us,” he laughed.

“Michoso,” I laughed.

We finally arrived at the private resort. All resorts at Bora Bora had chalets on stilts over the lagoons.


“Omigod!” I said under my breath as the bellboy led us to our chalet. It was beautiful. The chalets were beautiful, the waters were so clear, the view was breathtaking.

“I feel like jumping into the water right now,” Jun Su said.

“I dare you to,” I laughed as we continued walking.

“You sure?” he asked. “What are you gonna give me if I take off my clothes and jump in now.”

“I’ll stay up all night and pleasure you if you do it,” I winked.

“Are you sure? Don’t regret it,” he eyed me.

“Sure… that is if you do jump in,” I taunted. I really didn’t believe he would.

“Okay,” he grinned and he started taking off his shoes.

“Jun Su!” I exclaimed, and the bellboy just stood and watched in fascination.

“You promised. A deal’s a deal,” he said as he started taking off his socks.

“Kim Jun Su,” I laughed. “Stop it!”

“Shiro,” he said as he unbuttoned his shirt. I ran forward and pulled his shirt close.

“Jun Su, andoe,” I giggled as I tried to button his shirt in vain. He’d finally finish unbuttoning his shirt and was shrugging it off.

“Remember,” he grinned at me, then he ran forward and jumped into the water.

No comments: