Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Chapter 17

“Jun Su,” I yelled, as he disappeared under the water.

A few seconds later, he resurfaced; coughing and laughing.

“Get back up here!” I yelled. I was shocked that he had actually jumped in, and when he took those few seconds to resurface, I was panicking.

“Which one’s ours?” Jun Su asked the bellboy, and the bellboy pointed to the chalet about 2 more chalets down the boardwalk. Jun Su started swimming towards the chalet and I ran towards it after picking up Jun Su’s shoes and clothes. He’d left his pants on.

“You crazy fool!” I scolded as he climbed out onto the stairs attached to the chalet.


“Didn’t think I’d jump, did you?” he smiled smugly.

“You almost gave me a heart attack,” I said, as I smacked him. As soon as I said the words ‘heart attack’, his expression changed.

“Mian,” he said as he took my hand. “I’d totally forgotten about it.”

“It’s fine. It’s just a figure of speech. I’m alright,” I reassured him. “Just… never do that again, okay?” I said, and he nodded.

“Ahem…” the bellboy cleared his throat as he finished putting down the last piece of our luggage in the chalet.

“Oh… thanks,” Jun Su said as he fished his pants for his wallet and produced a few soggy notes. The bellboy accepted the money, trying not to laugh.

“Thank you, sir,” he said and he quickly walked out.

“Look at you,” I chided softly, as I brushed the droplets of water off his hair. The water had dissolved the hair products he used and his hair was now plastered on his head.

“Look at you,” he imitated as he pulled me into his arms.

“Yah! You’re wet,” I said as I squirmed in his arms.

“Yes I am,” he smiled and he leaned down to kiss me.

He lead me towards the bed, not pulling away to break the kiss, and when our legs touched the edge of the bed, he lay down and pulled me on top of him. We continued kissing and I was aware that my clothes had started to soak up the moisture from his.

“I’m wet,” I said.

“Good,” he said, and I smacked him.

“I meant that my clothes are getting wet!” I laughed. “Pyeont’ae!”

“Let’s go take a shower then,” he smiled.

“You go take a shower,” I said.

“It’s our honeymoon. And you did promise to pleasure me. Didn’t you?”

“I didn’t think you were gonna jump. I wasn’t sincere.”

“I don’t care. You’re my slave for the day and the first task for you today is to bathe me.”

“Dream on,” I laughed as I rolled away from him.

Only now did I notice the interior of the room. It was rustic, yet classy. The bed was a four post bed with veils and curtains around it. There was a day bed by the window, with lots of throw pillows on it. By the day bed as a huge bay window, and there was a breathtaking view of the horizon if you looked out. I turned to look towards the bathroom. It had a huge sliding door, which I presumed that you could slide open all the way so that you could watch whoever it was, showering.

I stood up and walked into the bathroom. There was a huge tub, and above it, there was no roof; perfect for taking long soaks while watching the stars. I noticed that the sunlight had started to wane, since it was around 6pm. I wondered what’s for dinner tonight.

Around the tub were scented candles, already lit. The bath was already filled with water and rose petals, and steam rose from the warm water. Jun Su came up from behind me, and put his right arm around me, across my chest, resting his head on my left shoulder. His other hand held up my left hand as he studied my fingers.

“Are we getting in?” he asked me.

“Did you get the hotel to prepare this?” I asked him.

“No,” he said. “I guess they are used to having honeymooners as guests, so they’re always prepared. Are we getting in?”

“Let me get into my swimsuit,” I said.

“This is our bathroom. No one’s gonna see us. You don’t need a swimsuit.”

“What if someone climbed on the roof and peeked down at us.”

“Sierra… this is a private resort and most of the guests are couples. No one is gonna want to peek at us. They’re too busy doing the same thing we’re doing,” he said suggestively.

“And what is it we’re doing?” I asked him.

“This,” he said and he turned me around. His hands came to my jeans and started unbuckling my belt.

“Jun Su,” I whispered. I was feeling nervous. This would be the first time we were getting so intimate. I’ve seen him shirtless plenty of times, and he was already shirtless now. But he’d never seen me like this.

“I know,” he whispered back, and he gave me a tender kiss on the lips. “Don’t be afraid,” he said as he pulled away.

“I’m not,” I smiled.

“Good,” he smiled back and his lips claimed mine again.

Whatever happened that night was a beautiful experience, an awakening. Call me an innocent, but I’ve really never felt like that before. I’m not going to even care if it sounds cheesy; I’m just gonna say it… That night, Jun Su showed me what paradise was.

No comments: