Monday, February 12, 2007

Chapter 18

“Sierra!” Jun Su called out to me from below the chalet.

I’d been lazing on the deck for the entire afternoon while he went swimming and did whatever he wanted.

“Wae?” I said lazily.

“Come on in,” he said.

“It’s too deep for me,” I said. I couldn’t really swim.

“I’m here. I won’t let you drown.”

“I just wanna stay up here,” I said as I got up to peer down at him.

“Come on… If you can’t even swim near the chalet, how are we gonna go for the manta ray dive tomorrow?”

“I am not swimming with any manta rays. Do you know how huge those rays are?”

“As huge as a boat?”

“Yea… I don’t want to be eaten alive.”

“They eat fish. They’ve never attacked humans.”

“What if they decide to change their diet the moment we jump into the water?”

“You’re crazy, you know,” Jun Su laughed.

“Whatever,” I said, as I sat on the stair just above the water.

“If you’re not gonna try all these activities, why did you want to come to Bora Bora?”

“I like the scenery,” I said.

“That’s all?” he said as he climbed up the stairs until he came face to face with me.

“You’re wet,” I said, pushing him away with my index finger on this shoulder.

“I just got out of the water, of course I’m wet.”

“Get back in there.”

“I’m done for the day. I want something else now.”

“Okay,” I said as I got up and walked into the chalet.

“Are you agreeing to it?” he asked as he trailed in after me, dripping water all over the chalet floor.

“I’m going to take a nap.” I said as I stifled a yawn.

“Party pooper,” he said, and he walked into the bathroom.

I was dreaming blissfully, when I was suddenly awakened by Jun Su’s hand on my butt.

“Kim Jun Su,” I mumbled sleepily.

“Yes?” he said innocently as he ran a finger down my hip.

“Can’t I ever sleep in peace?”

“You’ve had your sleep. I want some attention now,” he said.

“Go get it from the fishes.”

“They don’t speak Korean,” he said.

“Teach them then,” I smiled, my eyes still closed.

Jun Su flipped me over and then straddled me at the waist.

“Yah,” he said as he leaned down so close that I could feel his breath on my face.

“Go away,” I said as I grabbed a pillow and covered my face.

“Yah…” he said gently, as he pulled the pillow away.

“Yes?” I sighed, as I opened my eyes wearily to look at him.

“Saranghae,” he said, and he kissed me.

My conclusion was that this honeymoon has turned Jun Su into a mushy romantic. I’d never seen so many displays of affection from him in one day. Then again, it’s our honeymoon. How often can we be as mushy as we are now?

He managed to talk me into taking the manta ray dive the next day, and I must admit that I wasn’t the least sorry that he’d managed to talk me into it. The manta rays were beautiful, and they looked majestic as they ‘flew’ underwater. Bora Bora was definitely a place I would want to visit again.

“We can come again next year, for our wedding anniversary,” Jun Su promised, when I told him how much I loved the place.

As our plane took off from Bora Bora at the end of our honeymoon, I can’t help but feel a little fear and anticipation of my new life as Mrs. Kim Jun Su when I got back home. I’d quit my job, and Jun Su had asked me to take the year off to regain my health. He’d suggested that after my one year break, I could join his father’s company and work alongside him. I hadn’t wanted to at first. I didn’t want to depend on him and his family like that. But I figured now that we were family, instead of just depending on them, maybe I could actually make myself useful when the time comes.

Jun Su kissed my hand and I smiled at him.

“It’s you and me from now on,” he said.

“Yep,” I smiled, “and don’t you regret it.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! About the previous chapter I never imagined Junsu would be so direct with Sierra! ^^
Love the stories Unnie! (I can call you Unnie right?)
Loubna

시에라 (Sierra) said...

Haha... they're married... why shouldn't Jun Su be direct? ^^

Of course you can call me onni ^^