Friday, February 23, 2007

Chapter 20

“Where are you girls?” Jun Su asked, as soon as I answered my phone.

“Shopping,” I giggled.

“How typical,” he laughed.

“Yah! What else can I do?”

“Visit an orphanage? Help out at a home for the elderly?” he suggested.

“Kim Jun Su,” I said in a threatening tone.

“Mian,” he said sweetly. “Please… do continue until you max out my credit card.”

“You’re giving me permission to?” I asked. “Then I will… komawo.”

“What’s a husband for?” he laughed.

“So are we having dinner at home?” I asked him.

“Do you want to? We can eat out.”

“I think we should eat at home for the first few weeks. I don’t want your mother to feel like I don’t like her cooking or something.”

“No problem. I’ll call you later to check where you are, and I’ll come pick you on my way home from the office.”

“Okay,” I said brightly.

“See you later,” he said.

“Okay,” I replied.

“I miss you,” he said.

“Okay,” I replied.

“Yah! Is ‘okay’ the only work you know?”

“I miss you too,” I replied sweetly, and I could picture him grinning like a fool when I said that.

“Saranghae,” he said.

“Saranghae,” I replied and we ended the call.

“Onni,” Dae In said in a teasing tone. “You and Jun Su oppa are so lovey dovey.”

“It’s him,” I said defensively. “He’s always being mushy.”

“I won’t tell anyone. You can admit you’re mushy too,” she laughed.

Suddenly, Dae In put her hand over her mouth and retched a little.

“Dae In,” I exclaimed. “Are you alright?”

“I feel like puking,” she said.

“Really? Was it something we ate earlier?” I asked her.

“Could be,” she said.

“Do you want to see a doctor? Just to be sure?”

“Maybe I should.”

“I’ll come with you,” I said as we walked out of the store.

“It’s alright, onni. I’ll go myself.”

“I’ll come with you,” I insisted, and she nodded.

Jun Su and I were having lunch together the next week, and I received a call.

“Onni!” Dae In yelled into the phone.

“Ah… Dae In… I’m going deaf,” I laughed. “What’s up?”

“Onni!!! I’m pregnant,” she said happily, and I almost dropped the phone.

“Pregnant? Cheongmal?” I asked her.

“Yes… 3 weeks!”

“Omigod…”

“Dae In’s pregnant?” Jun Su asked me, and I nodded. “Let me speak to her,” he said as he motioned for me to pass him the phone.

“Hold on,” I said to Dae In. “Jun Su wants to say something,” and I passed the phone to Jun Su.

“Dae In! Ch’uk’ahamnida… you and Yoo Chun sure work fast,” he laughed.

“Oppa!” I could hear Dae In exclaim in protest at Jun Su’s comment.

“Don’t tease her,” I said as I grabbed the phone back from him.

“Ch’uk’ahamnida,” I said to Dae In.

“Komawo, onni. I got to go. Talk to you later. Don’t tell Yoo Chun yet. I’m gonna surprise him tonight.”

“Okay. Bye!” I said and I hung up.

[Dae In’s POV]

My hands were shaking with joy as I hung up the phone. I was pregnant with Yoo Chun’s baby. Life couldn’t feel anymore perfect than it is for me now. During the entire journey home from the doctor’s I wondered what Yoo Chun’s reaction would be when I tell him tonight.

1 comment:

Loubna Aabid said...

Dae In's so happy.. I wonder what kind of reaction will yoochun have.. I'm afraid actually ^^