Sunday, February 18, 2007

Chapter 19

“I’m leaving for work,” Jun Su whispered as he kissed my forehead. Before he could get away, I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him down onto the bed. “I’m gonna be late for my meeting,” he laughed.

“You’re the boss, you’re allowed to be late,” I murmured.

“I need to set a good example,” he said as he rained little kisses on my face.

“I don’t think you did from the first day, so it’s no longer expected of you,” I giggled.

“Yah… what’s that supposed to mean?” he said, and he stopped to glare at me.

“Nothing…” I said innocently.

“My suit’s getting wrinkled,” he said as he started to get off the bed.

“Kajima…” I said in my cutest pleading tone.

“I’ll be back in 8 hours,” he said.

“What am I gonna do for the whole day?” I asked him.

“I dunno… go follow my mother around. See what you can help her with around the house.”

“I am so not used to this housewife thing… can I please go to work with you?”

“You’re supposed to rest for at least 6 months.”

“But its 6 months too long,” I whined.

“You’ll get by,” he said as he gave me a quick kiss on the lips. “I’m leaving now.”

“Bye,” I said, as I looked sadly at him.

“Have fun,” he smiled cheekily as he walked out our bedroom door.

“That’s not funny,” I laughed as I threw a pillow at him.

I woke up after 15 minutes of tossing and turning and trying to get back to sleep. Waking up early in the morning for work had been programmed into my body that I couldn’t fight my body clock. Jun Su and I were living with his family until we found a place of our own. We should have found it before the wedding, and we’d planned to, but somehow, we ended up with too little time on our hands, and we’re still looking.

“Where do you want to live?” Jun Su had asked me.

“I dunno… somewhere nice?” I shrugged.

“Somewhere nice? Can you be more specific? Of course it’s gonna be nice.”

“Do we want an apartment or a house?” I asked him.

“I dunno… maybe we can have an apartment for now. When we have kids, we can buy a house,” he smiled.

“Who’s having kids?”

“Us.”

“Who’s ‘us’?”

“You and I.”

“I’m not having kids…”

“Not yet, you mean?”

“I’m not answering that,” I said.

“Yah… the reason I married you was cos you’d contribute good genes for my children. If you don’t want any children with me, what’s the purpose of me marrying you?”

“You think I’m some breeding machine?” I glared at him.

“Not machine. Just a breeder,” he laughed.

“Go find yourself another.”

“Are you allowing me a concubine?” he said with an eyebrow raised.

“I’m allowing you a breeder,” I smirked.

“Do you realize how crazy we sound?” he laughed.

“No,” I smiled.

“Michin,” he said as he kept laughing.

“That’s you,” I replied.

“So how many?” he said as he put his arm around me.

“I dunno,” I said. “One in Seoul, one on Cheju…”

“I meant babies. Not houses.”

“We’ll see… how many time you manage to hit the jackpot,” I winked.

“Asa… you’re the one who said it… you’re gonna get what you asked for,” he smiled.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. No one seemed to be home. Jun Su’s mother probably went for breakfast with her friends. Jun Ho was at the office with Jun Su. I was pretty much alone. I picked up the cordless phone lying on the table and punched in some numbers.

“Yoboseyo?” Dae In answered after 4 rings.

“I’m so bored, Dae In,” I whined.

“Onni,” she giggled, when she recognized my voice. “Let’s go shopping then.”

“Okay,” I said. “I’ll pick you up in 30 minutes.”

I hung up and went back upstairs to change. Is this what I’m going to be doing everyday for the next 6 months? I hope not.

2 comments:

jiayoong. said...

Not enuff Park Yu-Chun! <3

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm much of a silent reader all along for "Korean romance" ^^ Found this fic and ish totally hooked <3

I just love your stories! Update soon will you? <3