Monday, March 12, 2007

Chapter 24

Jun Su hadn’t said anything, but I could see him look longingly at Sung Jin whenever we visited Dae In. For the past months, there has been a strain on our relationship. We didn’t argue; we just didn’t speak as much as we used to. We kept up appearances in public and in front of his family, but behind our bedroom doors, it felt as if we were slowly becoming strangers. That was when I finally decided that I wanted to put an end to this.

Jun Su was probably not aware, but I’d stopped taking the birth control pills. I was planning; waiting for the right moment, and the day came when we moved to our new place. We’d decided that it was necessary to move, because it was becoming harder and harder to face his family with this secret we kept.

Our new home was a penthouse on top of one of the newest luxury apartments built in the city. I’d made all the decisions when it came to decorating it. The end product was a modern, warm and yet classic mixture of furniture and colors.

On Friday, the first week we’ve moved in was the day I made my move. Like every other day, I’d have dinner ready for Jun Su when he came home. We ate in silence, and then he’d go to the living room to watch the news while I cleaned up. After I cleaned up tonight, I went to take a shower. After showering, I rubbed my entire body with lotion, and I started to dress carefully. It’s been a long time since I wore lingerie. The one I wore tonight, Jun Su had bought for me on one of his business trips to France.

I walked out into the living room when I was done; I had a silk robe over my shoulders, but I left it untied. I stood between Jun Su and the television, and he looked up at me.

“What’s up?” he said.

“Come to bed,” I said.

“Why are you dressed like that?” he asked, as he slowly looked me up and down.

“Come to bed, Jun Su,” I repeated myself.

He stood up and he walked towards me.

“What are you up to?” he smiled, as he came to stand in front of me.

“Up to?” I said in an innocent tone, smiling slyly.

“Yes,” he said, and he put his arms around my waist.

“Nothing,” I smiled.

Jun Su bent down and picked me up in his arms, like I weighed nothing. He walked into our bedroom and kissed me lightly on the forehead after he laid me down on our bed. Then, he took a step back and started unbuttoning his shirt. I sat up and moved towards him to help him with his buttons, but he pushed my hands away gently.

“I’ll do it myself,” he said.

I sat there and watched as he slowly undressed himself. When he’d taken off his shirt, he came to lean above me.

“Oraemanida,” he said, and I smiled at his joke.

He slowly pushed the robe off my shoulders to reveal what I wore. It was a pale grey silk slip; the bodice was made of lace that allowed all the right areas to peek through. He tossed the robe onto the floor, and he looked at me reverently.

“I’d imagined how you would look like wearing it when I bought it,” he said. “But the image I see now surpasses my imagination.”

The old Jun Su was back.

I put my arms around his neck, and tried to pull him in for a kiss, but just before our lips met, he turned his head and started kissing my neck. Slowly, he trailed his kisses down my body, from my neck to my belly, and up again. Then he kissed my forehead, my cheeks, my nose, and finally he came to my lips.

The moment our lips met, I felt like I was in heaven again. The heaven I’d always felt when I was with him, whenever I felt his love for me. Jun Su was my salvation in this lifetime, and since the day we’ve met, I can no longer imagine a life without him.

We lay on our bed, sated, sometime later, my head resting on his chest and his arms around me. He pulled the sheets up to cover my shoulders.

“Saranghae,” he whispered, and he kissed the top of my head.

“Saranghae,” I replied, and I tightened my arms around him.

I was glad that I’d initiated our ‘reconciliation’ that night. We talked all night after that, and we promised each other that we wouldn’t be cold to one another anymore. We’re going to survive this phase in our lives, and things will get better soon.

The next month came around, and I realized that I was 2 weeks late. Did my plan work? Will we finally be whole; Jun Su and I? I decided that I could not wait for the doctor’s results, and I ran out and bought a pregnancy kit. I waited nervously for the results to show on the stick. ‘Positive’!

When I saw the results, I was a little shocked myself. I’d planned it, but I was still shocked. I sat on the edge of the bathtub, and I stared at it. Positive! I’m going to be a mother.

2 comments:

jiayoong. said...

omgomgomg. Update fast!

Loubna Aabid said...

yeahhh update sooon onni !! kk